As a little girl I love Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, that kinda girl stuff at my time. But not many people know (even my parents) that I love horror movies too.
It’s rare for a young age children esp for a girl.
Horror movie that I like the most is: The Exorcism: Emily Rose.
The other is: Amityville http://www.warrens.net/Amityville.html
. It’s about a story from November 13, 1974, In Amityville, New York when Ronald Defeo burst into Harry’s Bar screaming his parents had been shot. Police discovered the bodies of 6 members of the DeFeo family: Father, mother, and 4 of the 5 Defeo children were found, Face Down, executed in their beds. Ronald claimed he wasn’t home during the murders and only discovered the bodies of his parents prior to arriving at Harry’s Bar. But after Police found a gun box for a 35-Marlin Rifle in Ronald’s Room, he subsequincially confessed. After a lengthy trial Ronald DeFeo Was found guilty of the heinous murders. And was sentenced to 6 consecutive life sentences.
I’m not a movie critiques but I’m quite critical when it comes to horror movies esp. in terms of storyline and how they make it. I hate being shocked by a sudden appearance or loud sound. For me it’s cheap and not creative at all! (hhhmmm… how can you make a creativity in horror movie?). That’s why I tend to watch horror movie that only based on a true story.
Last nite I found the 3rd one that I like so far. CONJURING 2. I watched the 1st sequel. It’s from the true story based on the story of Ed and Lorraine Warren – a couple husband and wife who dedicated their life to help people who experience demonic attack in their life. In previous Conjuring Lorraine said that what they’re doing was a calling and God brought them together for a reason.
I learn at least these 5 things from the movie Conjuring 2:
1. Ed said to Lorraine when they were soooo frighten with case they have to handle: “We don’t leave the fight!” God gave us a calling in every one of us.
Our task is to look what our mission is in this world and do the fight for our mission. Of course the devil don’t want us to find that “treasure” (read: our calling/ life mission) because when we find it, the devil know that something good, even something great will happen for the glory of God.
Soooo… devil will do anything to make us run from the fight. I was reminded once again… I know my life mission… to proclaim hope (one of it) through writing. Therefore I don’t leave the fight! (something happened when I drafted this writing) – I write this reflection down!
2. Ed said to Lorraine when he was trap on the basement and he has to save Janet – (Lorraine beg him to wait for her so they can go together to save Janet… but Ed was run out of time…) Ed said: “I love you Lorraine, but I have to go…!”
I am a wife from a man with missions. I learn once again, that when I married a man with God’s mission in his heart, I have to learn (once again) to let him go to fight the battle for a greater cause and believe with all my heart that God is with him. I am loved but it’s not all about me. I have to take care of myself and depending fully and only to God.
I was reminded once again to be a woman of faith!
3. One afternoon when Lorraine was reading the bible and accompany her daughter playing, she got the vision of the demon. The attack was so real and when Lorraine asked for the demon’s name… the demon’s said something like a clue of it’s name. What I learn is: Identify the name of your fear. Identify each and every single detail of your enemy. Identify the name of the demon!
I was reminded once again of the important from a name. A name is a hidden mission of you.
4. In one of the scene, Ed had a time with Jane (the girl who possessed) and Ed told her a story about his childhood. Young Ed was very afraid of the dark and he thinks that someone hiding under his bed. One day, he feels that his hands were pulled by something under his bed and he ran out from his room toward his dad’s room. Instead of make Ed calm, his dad told Ed to go back to his room and said to Ed: “You have to face the fear” and then Ed’s dad gave him the cross neck less that Ed’s wore until that day. Once again I learn:
To eliminate the fear, you have to face it! Look it in the eye of the enemy and say to that enemy: “God is with me, whom shall I fear?”
5. At the end of the story… Janet finally set free from the stranglehold of the demons. Janet said to The Warrens, that because of they trust on her, they came back and ‘saved’ her, now she has 2 people whom she know love her. The final scene the I clenched my fist and felt soooo satisfy was when Lorraine shout: “In the name of The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit, ……….. (she shout the devil’s name) you go back to hell!” … and the demon’s ran out and cast away. Before that happen The Warren already decided to go back to their home because they don’t have enough evidence of the presence of the demon – but because of the wisdom God’s gave them and the love they have in their heart to this family who attacked by the demon, they came back right in time when the big attack happened there. Yes love can win anything… even the power that we think we can not face. Love always wins! That the password that never fail!
I’m not writing this to promote this movie. Noooo… not at all.
But I only want us to remember once again, don’t be consumed by the lies of the devil. The devil is the king of lies. Don’t let it bully you and make your focus shifting from the love and the mighty power of God.
Always remember: The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).
Stay focus on the love of God
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
A writing of consolation after watching horror movies.